The license is not valid (SETUP_LICENSE_ERROR)

Product

Player

Question

I have been using the Bitmovin Web SDK to play videos, but for the past two days, I have encountered an issue where videos fail to play, displaying the error: “The license is not valid (SETUP_LICENSE_ERROR).”

Upon checking the network requests, I noticed that the response to the Bitmovin license request includes the following error message: {“status”:“denied”,“message”:“Limit reached”}.

Further investigation revealed that this issue does not occur with some IP addresses, while videos play without any problems using IPs from certain other countries.

Could you please assist in resolving this issue? It’s critical for us to ensure that our users can access the videos without interruption.

Hi,

Thanks for your post.
For reference: Please see the following documentation - ErrorCode | Bitmovin Player API 8.177.0

Has anything changed in your configuration recently? Could it be possible that you’re using more than one Player license key in your configuration? If you have a sample page where the error can be reproduced, could you provide it for me? (feel free to send that in a DM)