Why do I get "Track not supported for automatic adaptive selection" in Flutter?

I am creating a something like a netflix app and i am experiencing crashes when i try to play a video.

Log:

Warning(code=UnsupportedCodecOrFormat, message=Track not supported for automatic adaptive selection: Format(9, null, null, video/avc, avc1.640028, 215458, null, [1920, 1080, -1.0], [-1, -1]))

Can anyone explain what does this mean?

Hi @hardknockrabbit ,

The provided logs is a warning log which indicates that the video codec of the specific video track is not supported by the device on which playback is attempted. The log gives information about the unsupported video track as below

• codec : avc
  • codec profile : avc1.640028
  • video resolution : 1920(width) x 1080(height)

But this should only be warning log and should not cause any crash in the application. Can you please elaborate on the crash referred in the question. Is it application crash or playback failure?

Thanks for that information @lucky.goyal

To answer your question

But this should only be warning log and should not cause any crash in the application. Can you please elaborate on the crash referred in the question. Is it application crash or playback failure?

Our company is developing an app using Flutter and the company has chooses Bitmovin to serve and handle its video contents and DRM.

As bitmovin does not have any Official Flutter SDK thus only supporting Native SDK (Android & iOS), i have created a flutter plugin to wrap the Native SDK to make it work with flutter.

Hi @hardknockrabbit ! That’s interesting. Is the plugin’s code something you’d be able to share publicly on GitHub? That way we could investigate this issue more quickly and others could use it, as well as contribute with bug fixes and features.

Back to your issue, which device and OS version is it crashing on? Is it a simulator? Please share as many details as you can: versions of libs, SDKs, IDEs, native languages, etc you’re using. If possible, share a manifest of a stream which has this issue.

As @lucky.goyal mentioned, this shouldn’t crash your app in normal conditions, so if it’s an actual crash maybe it’s some behavior related to the Flutter bridge, which could be worked out.

Have you tested other videos in this device and this same video with different devices?

That’s all I got for now. More details are needed to reach a good solution.

Hi @matheus.cardoso thank you for the response.

I manage to fix it, apparently one of my callbacks in android native code is null, now the player not crashing anymore.

About the plugin code it’s in our private repo, as much as I want to share the code publicly, I’m not sure if I am allowed to do that. you know legal stuff hehehe

Thanks @hardknockrabbit . We’ll need the native logs to help you going forward, as we don’t support Flutter yet.

Do you mind sharing your native error and the solution to it so I can mark this as solved? I mean, which callback was null and what error was being thrown from the Kotlin side.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.