Append audio track to existing video

Hello.

I already have a video with two audio (languages) track and I can switch between the two track while playing, works great. So my question is, is it possible to append a new audio track to a watch folder and have bitmovin take care of adding the new audio track to the video. Perhaps there is a standard configuration that I can specify the order of audio track? Or is there another way to do this?

What I would like to accomplish is to not have to encode all videos manually each time we have a new audio track to add to the video.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hello !
You would have to create a new encoding job to encode the new audio track.
Then, you can generate a new manifest that uses the video and audio from the first encoding, as well as the audio track you just created

Creating the new encoding with the extra audio track should be pretty straight forward.
Then you could use the following example to see how to pull all fMP4 muxings from the first encoding job

You will then have to add the newly created audio track.

In summary, you can reuse existing tracks, but will essentially need to create a new encoding job with the additional track and a new manifest, each time you need to add an extra track.

This might be a little bit of work to implement, but once the workflow is created, you can automate the process, most likely.

I hope this helps. Please let us know in case you have questions.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.