About insert cue api

I have a question about insert cue.

I tried executing insert cue using the method below, but the cue-out and cue-in tags were not added to the manifest.

Could you please tell me the correct way?

Also, does insert cue only work for hls manifests?

Hi, Onishi-san,

Thank you for reaching out to our community! Let me pick up your question and answer it.

I tested the above live/scte-35-cue API endpoint and it worked in my testing as described in the linked community post. There are several points to keep in mind:

• The API endpoint works only for HLS manifest.
  • The API endpoint works only with ManifestGenerator.V2 as mentioned in the linked community post. The default value is ManifestGenerator.LEGACY, so we need to switch to V2 for this feature.
  • The API endpoint works only while live encoding is running. Since we can’t set the CUE timestamp in the API request, the tags are added with a slight delay (e.g. ~20 sec) after calling the endpoint.

Also, it should be noted that the API doesn’t split the segment. Instead, it finds the nearest segment boundary and then inserts the tags there. For example, if the segment length is 6.006 seconds and the CUE duration is 10 sec, the API will place the tags like this.

#EXTINF:6.006,
video/fmp4/360p/seg_37.m4s
#EXT-X-CUE-OUT:10.0
video/fmp4/360p/seg_38.m4s
video/fmp4/360p/seg_39.m4s
#EXT-X-CUE-IN

If it doesn’t work for you, could you please share the live encoding id? If the encoding id is available, we’ll be able to check the further logs. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Kazuhide

Hi Kazuhide,

Thank you for your reply.
Regarding SCTE35, if you want to perform SSAI with precise timing, you need to divide the segments, so I feel like it can’t be used at the moment.

best regards,
Onishi

Hi Onishi-san,

Regarding SCTE35, if you want to perform SSAI with precise timing, you need to divide the segments, so I feel like it can’t be used at the moment.

Yes, that feature is part of our product plan. It’ll be a different feature from the above live/scte-35-cue API, so we’ll share how to do it once it becomes ready.

Regarding the live/scte-35-cue API, hope the above information is helpful but please let us know if you see any difficulty to use it. We’re happy to help.

Best Regards,
Kazuhide