Is it possible to get the Web Player working on iPhone (Safari/Chrome)?

Hello,

I have been building a player in Nextjs and the player is working perfectly on Desktop browsers and Android, the only thing it won’t work on is iPhone browsers.

I have three preferred tech configurations(in order):
html5/dash
html5/hsl
native/hsl

We need the ability to change audio tracks so we can’t default to a progressive format.

The m3u8 is working correctly on Safari browser for Desktop.

Is there a configuration that I’m missing?

The error is: “a module cannot be loaded because it was not added to the player core”

I will be happy to provide additional details if needed.

Thanks

@nlweber3 Thank you for contacting us. We recommend using native/hls for Safari, as it is more stable and reliable compared to Safari + MSE. Could you please try using the preferred tech order below?

preferredTech: [
                {
                player: 'html5',
                streaming: 'dash'
                },
                {
                    player: 'native',
                    streaming: 'hls'
                },
                {
                },
            ]

It is recommended to use HLS streams on the iOS platforms. So, it is recommended to configure the below settings specifically for Safari on both desktop and mobile devices.

preferredTech: [
                {
                    player: 'native',
                },
                {
                },
            ]

Furthermore, the player already comes with pre-defined configurations optimized for the browsers. By simply providing HLS/DASH streams in the source, the player will automatically select the corresponding stream based on the platform. If you prefer the player to manage this, you can remove the preferredTech, and the default player configurations will function accordingly.