Issues Distributing SDK with BitMovin via JitPack

Hello,

I am currently developing an Android SDK that utilizes BitMovin, and I am distributing this SDK through JitPack. The BitMovin versions I am using are as follows:

• com.bitmovin.player:player:3.51.0+jason
  • com.bitmovin.analytics:collector-bitmovin-player:3.1.0

However, upon attempting to distribute my SDK, I encountered the following errors:

• Failed to resolve: com.bitmovin.player:player:3.51.0+jason
  • Failed to resolve: com.bitmovin.analytics:collector-bitmovin-player:3.1.0

I am wondering if there are known issues with distributing an SDK that includes BitMovin SDKs via JitPack, or if there might be additional steps I need to take to resolve these errors.

Could you provide guidance on how to successfully include BitMovin SDKs in my project for distribution through JitPack? Are there specific configurations or prerequisites that I am missing?

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi @ms.park,
thanks for reaching out.

Did you include the the link to the player sdk repository to your project? This will be necessary to resolve the transitive dependency.

Additionally - unrelated- note, please be aware that an analytics version already comes bundled with the player, so there should be no need to explicitly add a dependency. See this for additional details.

Best regards,
Lukas

Hello Lukas,
Thank you for your response.

I’ve already added the link to the player SDK repository to my project, as you suggested.
However, I’m still encountering issues while developing an Android SDK that utilizes BitMovin.

I would be grateful if you could suggest any other solutions or steps I might try to resolve these issues.
Thank you once again for your assistance.

Best regards,
MS

Can you maybe provide a minimal reproducible setup where I can test this out myself? I am not aware of any other limitations and would need to dig into it a bit more.