I want to retrieve buffer length data from player api

Could you please provide a way to fetch the buffer length from bitmovin player?

Hey Sumedhmeher, thanks for the question.

You can use our APIs to get the player’s current buffer level. Here’s are API calls you need:

These allow you to get the current buffer level. It’s also possible to set a target buffer level if you find your viewers need more buffer to get smooth playback.

Hey James,

Thank you!!!

Hey James,

We have tried logging the buffer level in milliseconds. The value seems to be on the higher side even though we don’t have the buffer available.

Could you please elaborate on the value which we receive from the buffer level api?

Please find the below log for your reference,
Buffer Length (ms)= 1705388, time in min:ss = 28:25

Hey @sumedhmeher.pophali,

The Bitmovin Player generally uses seconds in its APIs, events, and configs, not milliseconds.

However, the value you posted still looks pretty high. Can you please share more details, specifically:

1. Which Bitmovin Player SDK (Web/Web-based platforms, Android/AndroidTV, iOS/tvOS, Roku) are you using?
  2. Which Bitmovin Player version are you seeing this with?
  3. Can you share a sample site/app where this can be observed? Alternatively, I’d need the Player Configuration and Source Configuration so that I can test it and try to replicate it.

Hey Daniel,

We are converting the seconds value to millisecond internally in our code.

Please find the below responses to the queries,

1. Which Bitmovin Player SDK (Web/Web-based platforms, Android/AndroidTV, iOS/tvOS, Roku) are you using? → Android/Android TV

2. Which Bitmovin Player version are you seeing this with? → 3.43.0

3. Can you share a sample site/app where this can be observed? Alternatively, I’d need the Player Configuration and Source Configuration so that I can test it and try to replicate it.

PlayerConfig(key = playbackInfo.playerLicense).apply {
    bufferConfig = BufferConfig(BufferMediaTypeConfig(6.0))
    playbackConfig.isTunneledPlaybackEnabled = true
    playbackConfig.isTimeShiftEnabled = playbackInfo.isTSBEnabled
    adaptationConfig.initialBandwidthEstimateOverride = 12000000
    liveConfig.minTimeShiftBufferDepth = -15.0
    }

DASH URL which we are using in source config works only on specific network. I am not sure if you would be to reproduce on local setup.