Bitmovin Issues: Autohide and Fullscreen Troubles in Bubble

Hey community,

I hope you’re all doing well! I’m a no-coder working on a Bubble project and currently building a Bitmovin plugin for my app. While most things are working smoothly, I’ve hit a roadblock with two specific issues that have me scratching my head.

1. Autohide Issue: I’m facing a problem where the controls aren’t hiding as expected. It seems like the player controls hide inconsistently. I’ve double-checked my Bubble setup and the Bitmovin documentation, but I’m unable to pinpoint the cause.

2. Fullscreen Quirks: The second challenge I’m grappling with is related to fullscreen toggling. When I enter fullscreen, it appears that the original video keeps playing, and a new video is layered on top, ready to play from the beginning. The same happens when toggling out of fullscreen – a new video is created and set to play from the start. I’m not sure why this behavior is occurring, and it’s impacting the user experience.

To provide a clearer picture, I’ve recorded some videos demonstrating these issues. Additionally, I’ve included the relevant code snippets from my Bubble project.

Autohide issue Dropbox - Autohide Issue.mov - Simplify your life

Fullscreen issue Dropbox - Fullscreen.mov - Simplify your life

Bubble Code to follow since it won’t let me embed more than one thing as a new user.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions from the community. If you’ve encountered similar challenges or have expertise in Bitmovin integration within a Bubble environment, your guidance would be invaluable.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Amanda

Hi @amanda.dianne,

Thanks for providing the screen recordings for both issues you are facing. It looks like there are two UI instances present and only one updates accordingly (there should be only one in first place).

It would be helpful to have the possibility to look at the source code as well. Maybe you can post the code as a response to this question.

Here is my plug in code. I’m not really a coder but was able to put something together by looking at other open source video plugins.

And it will only let me send one image. So, I’ll have to put them all in replies.

#6 - Last

Could it be that the function which creates the player instance (starting in screenshot #2) is called multiple times? The player (and therefore the UI) should only be created once.

That was what I was thinking but I don’t know where.

I’ll post the documentation for the initialize and update functions.

Ok, so I think I understand what is going on but I’m not sure how to fix it.

So, the update function runs whenever there is a change in a Bubble field. So it’s running twice, which is creating the two instances. So, I need to put the constructor in the initialize function which only runs once.

The thing is, properties and context (which hold my key and other settings) are accessed in the update function. So, all these settings I have for playerConfig are in the update function.

How do I create the instance (inside the initialize function) and then put the playerConfig settings to it inside the update function?

I’m a novice coder so I’m just trying to figure it out. It may be an easy fix.

Someone on the Bubble forum suggested an if statement and it worked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.